Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE hereafter) continues to monitor the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC) for guidance, updates and information that pertains to COVID-19.
Internally, the CAE team continues to work with airline and concessionaire partners to review and implement measures to ensure the airport’s cleanliness and safety for our travelers and employees.
General Flight/Traveler Information:
- CAE remains open and operating,
- Delta Air Lines, American Airlines and United Airlines are all operating at a reduced capacity,
- Each airline sets flight schedules as they see fit and can be adjusted at any time. Because of this, CAE encourages travelers to check with their respective airline before heading out to the airport,
- Each airline recently announced that they are requiring their passengers to wear a mask or face covering onboard their flights. American Airlines will begin this requirement on May 11, while Delta Air Lines and United Airlines will began the requirement on May 4. Airlines have said that any passenger without a mask or face covering will be provided one at no charge.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the terminal and at all departure gates,
- Restrooms are being cleaned every two hours, but as traffic increases, cleanings will increase to hourly,
- Increased sanitizing is being done in the public seating areas and in the high touch areas such as handrails, escalators, and elevator buttons,
- The food concessionaire is serving a limited menu and practicing social distancing for diners,
- Retail shops are installing shields at all registers and employees will be cleaning and sanitizing credit card machines after every use.
TSA/Security Check Point Preparedness:
- A Plexiglas shield has been installed at the check-in desk at TSA security checkpoint;
- Markers, to identify proper spacing, have been placed on the floor at TSA security checkpoint and at the retail store locations,
For continued COVID-19/Coronavirus updates, please visit our website and our social media channels.