Under regular supervision, performs various janitorial duties as required to maintain proper cleanliness and sanitation standards within the Airport facility. Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the cleanliness, sanitation, and attractiveness of Airport facilities by performing various janitorial tasks, including but not limited to various floor and carpet functions, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming and shampooing carpets; cleaning and stocking restrooms; dusting and cleaning surfaces; cleaning glass doors and windows; removing trash; emptying ashtrays, etc.
- Maintains the cleanliness, sanitation, and attractiveness of the Parking Garage by performing various tasks, including but not limited to sweeping, high dusting, floor scrubbing, removing trash and power washing.
- Sets up and tears down tables and chairs for special functions as directed; cleans and otherwise prepares meeting rooms for functions.
- Performs all janitorial assignments in accordance with standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety as established by the Airport and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to operate a variety of machinery, tools, and supplies such as a vacuum, washing machine, dryer, carpet shampooer, various cleaning instruments and supplies etc. Operates office machinery including a computer, telephone, tablet and two-way radio.
- Communicates and interacts with various groups and individuals including supervisors, co-workers, other Airport employees, tenants, and the general public, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
A high school diploma or equivalent, or any combination of training, education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities is required. Must be able to show the ability to read and understand Safety Data Sheets, labels and warnings, and emergency and first aid procedures associated with all chemicals used in the janitorial duties of this position. Must be able read written instructions and understand labels on cleaning chemical and materials. Must be able to communicate in person, by using the telephone, and/or radio.
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States