Public Safety Officers perform various police and fire duties in addition to ensuring safety/security within and around the Airport.
Excellent Benefit package includes medical/dental insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, personal leave, SC Police Officer’s Retirement System (PORS) as well as an employer match of up to 6% of salary for voluntary 401K contributions
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts and communicates with individuals and groups including immediate supervisor, co-workers, subordinates, Airport department heads, tenants, passengers, airline personnel, local law enforcement and emergency response agencies.
- Must have strong communication and de-escalation skills.
- Participates in airfield training to ensure safe movements and proper conditions as required by FAR Part 139.
- Operates all communications equipment including computers, telephones, radios, RMS software, access control systems and security cameras.
- Works a 24 on and 48 off schedule (10 days a month).
Required Skills and Experience:
- South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy Class One certification required with a minimum of 2 years since initial certification.
If hired, FAR 139 Airport firefighter certification (40-hour course) must be obtained (Paid for by the Airport).
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Starting salary $53,490