Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) seeking motivated individuals for Operations Specialist I positions. These are entry level positions, under direct supervision, that manages the use of airport facilities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Position assures continuous safety and security compliance with Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) Parts 77 and 139, Transportation Security Regulation (TSR) Part 1542, in addition to all other applicable statutes, regulations, and requirements.
- Duties include but are not limited to periodic, daily, and continuous airfield and facilities inspections for unsafe or non-compliant conditions.
- Actively monitoring two-way radio communication amongst airport staff, security access control, CCTV systems, flight operations statuses, weather, work order requests, and local air traffic (ATC) radio communications.
- Issuing airport ID media and providing fingerprinting services.
- Coordinating and monitoring airport construction activities.
- Providing high levels of customer service in responding to questions and inquiries from the public, airport stakeholders, and/or governmental regulatory agencies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Airport or Aviation/Aerospace Management, Aviation/Aerospace Science, Business or Public Administration, or closely related field combined with a minimum of one (1) year of experience in airport operations or administration, or in a position with direct aviation relevance preferred
- Candidate must have the ability to interact effectively with the public and all airport stakeholders.
- Prior experience with a Fixed Base Operator (FBO), airline, air cargo carrier, airfield maintenance, and/or airport emergency services is desirable.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe or other applicable software is needed.
- Candidates must be available for night, holiday, weekend, rotating, or irregular shift assignments.
This class specification should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Any essential function or requirement of this class will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent/applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent/applicant when possible.
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Anticipated starting pay of $21.63 per hour ($44,990.40 annual).